East Anglian Archaeology is an academically refereed series providing an outlet for reports from the East of England — Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire. Each report in the series is published by the originating body in conjunction with ALGAO East.
East Anglian Archaeology publishes archaeological results of national, regional and local significance. Any work making a significant contribution to archaeological research in the region may be suitable for publication in the series, subject to approval by the editorial board, see Submissions.
Reports appear in a single series. They are digitally reproduced which allows a flexible approach to print runs without increasing either production costs or cover price. Publishers may choose to handle much of the pre-press work on reports themselves although the report will be expected to follow house style and will be subject to the same independent editorial procedures. Anyone interested in following this route should contact the managing editor first.
Occasional papers (identified by their orange livery) will only appear if a suitable opportunity arises, and at the discretion of the editorial board.
The editorial board meets quarterly to decide policy, consider new publication proposals, appoint editors and academic readers, and review the progress of reports through the editorial stages.
- James Albone (Historic Environment, Norfolk County Council)
- Abby Antrobus (Historic Environment, Suffolk County Council)
- Brian Ayers (University of East Anglia)
- Stewart Bryant (Archaeological Consultant)
- Will Fletcher (Historic England, East of England)
- Kasia Gdaniec (Historic Environment, Cambridgeshire County Council)
- Jenny Glazebrook (Managing Editor)
- Maria Medlycott (Historic Environment, Essex County Council)
- Zoe Outram (Historic England, Regional Science Adviser)
- Deborah Priddy (Historic England, East of England)
- Isobel Thompson (Historic Environment, Hertfordshire County Council)
- Adrian Tindall (Archaeological Consultant)
The next editorial meetings are on:
- Thursday 19 April 2018
- Thursday 19 July 2018
- Thursday 18 October 2018
- Thursday 17 January 2019
Synopses need to be with the managing editor 10 days before a meeting to allow time for circulation to the board.